Busy weekend?

13/05/2012 § 15 Comments

Since the excitement of the big reveal of Ripple One on Friday – click here if you missed the BIG moment – life has been busy, busy over the weekend.

At last, we have enjoyed some sunshine.  In Alton yesterday, the Art & Craft Market was in full swing and once again, I met some lovely friends, loyal customers and new people to chat to.  I hope you all enjoy your Adaliza gifts and treats!

Our daughter arrived home and we went for a celebratory meal on Friday evening – a new job in London beckons! She, however, had an ulterior motive for popping home – she wants to do patchwork! So she came with an empty case, and returned with a sewing machine, threads, fabrics, pins and needles + a cutting mat and rotary cutter and lots of ideas.  She then, after returning to London, sent a photo  at 3 am in the morning of an almost completed cot quilt – a present for a friend!  She certainly seems to have ‘got the bug’!

To answer a few questions I’ve had about the yarn for Ripple – I started with a few odd balls of DK and bought more from anywhere and everywhere as I went along.  I was amazed how different DK can work out, but Ripple was very good natured and didn’t seem to mind what colour or make came next.  The only criteria was that it had to be pure wool – that’s including alpaca etc, which I absolutely love.  I made up the colour waves as I went along, occasionally planning a couple of rows ahead, which seemed to work.  I was far too impatient to write anything down, or make a proper plan!

Today, I’ve spent an hour or so planning more cushions and makes for the coming week – trying to get organised so that I can pick something up to work on in every spare ‘window of opportunity’.  My stock is somewhat depleted so I need to replenish! I’ll probably be a bit quiet this week and then show you what’s going to be on offer at the end of the week.  That’s because next weekend is Art & Design in Winchester – oh yes, 3 fairs in a month!  I’m calling it ‘Madness in May-time’!!!

Do pop by to see what’s happening at Handmade Monday over in its new home in Handmade Harbour.  I was very bad at commenting last week – sorry, I don’t know where last week went!  Will try to do better this week!

Enjoy your week – keep on making!

Tagged: , , ,

§ 15 Responses to Busy weekend?

• Enjoy your fairs – hope the sunshine keeps up for them x

• I love the ripple blanket! Wow are you busy!! Good luck 🙂

• mcrafts says:

The ripple blanket is gorgeous – and it looks like your daughter def has the making bug too! Have a great week Mich x

• t1ckledp1nk says:

That blanket is amazing, absolutely beautiful. And good luck with the fairs. xx

• Thriftwood says:

Glad you’ve had some sunshine, please send some up north! Sounds like lovely weekend, love Claire xx

• RosMadeMe says:

I loved the blanket when I saw it on Friday… love the fact that your daughter is carrying on the crafting traditions… now go and lock up your yarn stash, just in case she wants to start rippling 🙂

• You’re going to be so busy with your fairs. Hope they go well for you 🙂

Since your daughter has caught the bug, maybe she’ll start doing some fairs too.

• Caroline says:

The ripple throw is beautiful. Had I known you were at Alton could have come for a crafty natter perhaps next time. Thank you for the comment on my blog have a good week

Good advice! I certainly should have locked up my fabric stash before she left!

• Jill says:

Ripple One is lovely – well done, such a mammoth task. Good luck with your fairs – three in one month is a lot of hard work. Hope you have a good week.

• Fiona says:

Thank you for explaining yarn usage! Gorgeous ripple, and with three daughters who steal fabric, yarn, machine I know how you feel, but it’s nice 🙂

• Your ripple blanket is beautiful, looks like so much work went into making it. I have been itching to get started on one myself but I have a square one on the go and am determined to actually finish one project before I start another but you have tempted me!

LH
    x

• Susie says:

Love those ripples! And love that your daughter does a craft (wow a patchwork quilt?). One of my sons is becoming an avid gardner, but I was never very good at it, so he’s on his own. 🙂

• Can I come and fill a suitcase with sewing goodies?! Another gorgeous looking blanket – you are quite the blanket/quilt queen!

• fatmonica says:

It’s a fabulous blanket-I love it!

You are currently reading Busy weekend? at Adaliza.