Gypsy Rose blanket tutorial …

03/09/2012 § 11 Comments

My thanks to a reader  (Susan) who’s question finally spurred me into action, to make a tutorial for this:

Click here for the tutorial and PLEASE let me know how you get on!

Click here for the Gypsy Rose Ta-Dah moment too!

Have fun!

Tagged: , , , ,

§ 11 Responses to Gypsy Rose blanket tutorial …

• fiddlyfingers says:

I really like this blanket although it is smaller than I first thought. Great use of colour 🙂

It’s meant to fit on the back of a single chair and then over my lap on chilly evenings! Have a look at Ripple 1 and Misty Morning – Ripply 1 is massive!

• Julie Coulson says:

I so want to make this throw but it have painful writes from crotchetiness and knitting I will only be able to do a little at a time so it will take ages, still I’m going to start it.

• Julie Coulson says:

I have no idea what happens to my spelling in my comment.
    I’m going to start this throw inspite of painful wrists

Well, good luck and let me know how it turns out. It’s all about the colours and putting them together with a ‘surprise’ in every square. You could always join them ‘as you go’ which would save sewing them all up at the end. There are lots of internet tutorials on how to do it. Let me know how you’re getting along.

• Kim says:

Did you pick out your colors individually or did they come in a pack? They are gorgeous!

I found Kristin Nicholas’ blog and her yarn was on discount in Webs USA. I just chose a load of it as the colours were so delicious. A large box of yarn arrived very promptly but I hadn’t bargained for the import tax!!! It’s still worth it and Kristin’s new yarn ‘Color by Kristin’ is still on sale but only in the US. I sometimes use Drops yarn here in the UK – lovely quality and pretty colours but nothing compared with the beauty of Kristin’s. Hope this helps – I made every square completely at random just choosing colours that seemed to go together – and every square has one vibrant colour – that’s what makes the whole blanket ‘sing’!

• Marlene says:

Thank it is very generous of you to share this

• Dar says:

Very pretty, beautiful work.

• Liz says:

So pretty! Just wondering if it could be made bigger & in a rectangular afghan shape. Can you tell me the width of the border as shown? I think I can figure it out myself just making more squares. Thanks!

Hi Liz – the tweed stitch border is just over 5″ and then I added a simple shell design just to finish it off. It will easily make up into a rectangle by simply adding more squares to one side. Good luck and do send me a photo when it’s finished. A

You are currently reading Gypsy Rose blanket tutorial … at Adaliza.