Wonderful weekend …

13/01/2013 § 18 Comments

Dorset - Sherborne, Weymouth & Woolbridge

Dorset – Sherborne, Weymouth & Woolbridge Manor

Some Happy & Smiley moments from my weekend – we’ve been jaunting in Dorset!

We stayed last night in Sherborne and today’s bright sunshine & clear skies were a welcome change from yesterday’s downpours.  One not so happy smiley moment was when my waterproof boots sprung a leak – ugh!  I hate having cold wet feet but in fairness, the rain was torrential and they were overwhelmed!

I popped out this morning, to take some photos in the grounds of the Abbey …

Carnival SONY DSC SONY DSC

Sunflower Farm

Sunflower Farm

I finished hand-sewing the binding edge on Sunflower Farm Quilt yesterday and took Carnival with me for ‘something to work on’!  I do get some funny looks when I whip a huge crochet blanket out of my shopping bag and start taking photos!

So – for my 4 things that made me Smile and feel Happy this week:

The Cerne Abbas Giant (in the top collage) – ‘Girls, you just have to smile’!!!
If you follow the link, you’ll see why in much more graphic detail than in my photo!

Being reminded of Wales, by the pub sign at the Plume of Feathers pub in Sherborne

Seeing winter walkers on the beach in sunny (if very chilly) Weymouth at lunchtime

Taking some photos of Woolbridge Manor in Dorset
My husband’s favourite aunt used to live there, when she worked at the Manor as a girl

That’s about all from me for today.  I love a good jaunt and I treated myself to half a yard of pretty fabric & 2 CK cake tins that were in a sale, so all in all a really happy weekend to remember.

Pop over to Wendy’s Handmade Monday, over at the Handmade Harbour, to see what else everyone’s been up to.

Will we have snow?   I SOOooooooo hope so!!!!!

Tagged: , , , ,

§ 18 Responses to Wonderful weekend …

• wpmassey says:

I love that you photographed blankets in such a public place. I sometimes think my neighbours must think I’m bonkers when I photograph stuff outdoors.

• I too love the photographs. The lovely brilliant colourful blanket looks really great with the Abbey as a backdrop. Shame they aren’t there all the time!

• Ginny says:

I’m not sure if your readers will be able to see why the Cerne Abbas Giant is so funny. Me and my husband visited it when I was trying to get pregnant many years ago. I had the batty idea that it might help, and two children later maybe it did.

If you follow the link, there are lots of graphic photos on the website! It worked then!!!

• Beautiful pictures, am a Dorset fan myself but usually hug the coast but have wanted to visit the giant for a while! I love your blanket and what a fantastic idea to photograph it with the abbey church in the background

• Auntie Shan says:

Love how You’ve added some COLOUR into “Christendom” with a touch of psuedo-YARN-“bombing”! 😀 — BTW, that first close-up pic of the Blanket with the Abbey in the background would make a wonderful entry in Your next Calendar!

I hadn’t thought of it as yarn-bombing! I’m going to start a folder for calendar photos – glad you’re thinking ahead for me!!! Have a lovely week Ax

• freespiritdesigns says:

I’m glad you had such a lovely trip 🙂 your carnival blanket is amaaaaaaaaazing! so so pretty, and especially lovely shot in such a picturesque location 🙂 x

• What a gorgeous coloured blanket. I think the bench needs a bit of yarn bombing! I would think that crocheting that in public places would draw lots of lovely comments and get people chatting. Your other quilt it fab. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

• cpc2012 says:

Lovely pics of your work. Your things to smile at certainly made me smile too. Hope you have a good week

• Beautiful photo’s, everyone says that natural light is best!! the colours are amazing.

Jan x

• CatkinJane says:

The colours on the crocheted quilt look so beautiful in the outdoors – sunny winter days have to be my favourite light.

• Your blanket is gorgeous and your photography is very clever! Delighted you enjoyed your jaunt in this magical place:~))

• Sarah says:

It’s lovely seeing your beautiful images of Dorset. I’m glad the sun shone for you yesterday. it was awful here on Saturday! That was a great location to display your lovely blanket! Was the river at Woolbridge Manor still flooding the nearby fields?
    Sarah x

• Alison says:

You were right your link made me smile. In fact it made me laugh out loud. Your quilts look beautiful photographed outside.
    Ali x

Oh yes – it was in full flood – very dramatic. What an amazing house that is. It looked so cold. I’d love to see inside it!

• Your photos are stunning, and I adore the crochet blanket, the colours look like stained glass. We had a little bit of snow last night, but it seems to have all gone now:(
    Wendy x

• Love the crochet quilt and your weekend break snaps

You are currently reading Wonderful weekend … at Adaliza.