Shepherds’ Huts

25/08/2013 § 8 Comments

How long have I loved these?

Forever – as long as I can remember …

Shepherd's Hut

SONY DSC

Restoration project – or what?

Shepherd's Hut

Shepherd’s Hut

Originally, they’d have been towed onto remote moors or downs to provide the shepherd and his dogs with some shelter during lambing or summer grazing seasons when the flocks were too far from the farm, for the shepherd to return to his cottage at night.  Now they’re much in demand on posh glamping sites or as upmarket offices and studios.

I want one – badly!  I can’t afford one – at all.  I need a small farm to go with it so that I can sit and enjoy the view, deck it with bunting and furnish it with cushions and quilts.

In my dreams … (but, never say never)!!!!!

What’s in your dreams?

§ 8 Responses to Shepherds’ Huts

• Joanne Bala says:

I hope that someday you will be able to get a shepherds hut for yourself ,it would be great fun to see you decorating it with your colorful quilts and cushions…I do not remember ever seeing one of these huts here in America. I always enjoy reading your blogs….enjoy the rest of your summer. I think about you every time that I turn a page on your calendar.

• I have never seen a Shepherds’ Hut, but I can certainly imagine why you’d want one. As a camper, quilter and a gardener, it sends my imagination soaring. Thanks for sharing.

Aw – that’s lovely – thank you. Just a few days until another page turns over.

• I see these all the time in British Country Living. So sweet looking and the way people are doing them up is fun. I doubt the real shepherd’s would do them up with quilts. Yours would be beautiful. School starts here this week.

Thanks for popping by, Kristin. The popularity of the huts has meant that they’re ferociously expensive, when done up. It’s such a shock not to be going back to the new term – I shall be pinching myself for weeks and weeks!

• Gertie says:

Oh to have one of those….. They’re so much nicer than a shed. We’re just going to have to win the Euro lottery !!!! xx

• HannahDavis says:

I’ve never seen those before — they look really neat!

Let’s get a ticket for next weekend then, and see if we get lucky!

You are currently reading Shepherds’ Huts at Adaliza.