A wander around my garden …

19/02/2015 § 12 Comments

Mother Duck has been snatching sunny moments in the garden.  She’s been having a lovely time finding worms for me – such a tasty treat – and I’ve been helping by getting under her feet and pushing my beak in where her trowel is digging and planting.  I can’t wait till she gets going in the main garden instead of faffing around with pots of bulbs and those big white sinks.

I thought you might like to see some rare winter colours and pretty corners of my garden …

Alpine garden in a sink

Alpine garden in a sink – see the tiny blue iris?

SONY DSC

Mistletoe growing in the apple tree – Storm’s horseshoe must have brought good luck!

SONY DSC

Latest alpine garden – see the little squirrel who lives in the upturned pot?

SONY DSC

wonderful colours – Mother Duck feels a quilt coming on in these colours

SONY DSC

Secretive snowdrops by the waterfall

SONY DSC

a pot of snowdrops next to the bay tree

SONY DSC

one of my favourite spots in the garden – the waterfall that trickles into the big pond

SONY DSC

I had a peek into the kitchen and I can tell you – those hyacinths have the most amazing scent

Then, I had a waddle down to see what was happening under the rose arch, then back to my daytime perch on the verandah – it’s a bit chilly and damp today.  Good weather for ducks!!!

a waddle down the garden to check on the snowdrops

a waddle down the garden to check on the snowdrops

Mother Duck’s been doing a lot of quilting so I’m sure she’ll have lots to show you next time!

Flora Puddleduck x

Flora Puddleduck x

~ ~ ~ ~ ~      please leave a comment    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tagged: , ,

§ 12 Responses to A wander around my garden …

• Laura from beautiful West Michigan says:

Ms. Puddleduck, has anyone told you lately how beautiful you are??

• laura says:

The garden looks lovely. The snowdrops are so pretty. I wish I had some, they are so cheery. What a perfect garden for a duck to live in.

Mother Duck tells me every day! She also picks me up and rocks me in her arms like a baby. Sometimes I quite like that and cuddle up, but sometimes if I’m busy chasing slugs or those pesky pigeons, then I quack loudly in her ear!

Liked by 1 person

Flora loves her garden!

• Jeanie says:

I am so looking forward to Spring and all the flowers and color it brings!

Me too! Trying to appreciate the gentle drift towards some warmth and secret glimpses of colour.

• Angel Jem says:

Good morning! I only found your blog last night and I have been reading through your archives. Firstly, may I say how sorry I am for your loss; although words can never explain how you feel, I really felt touched by the Dorothy Parker poem you quoted. For a woman so famous for her bitter wit to write like that, it was a revelation.
    Secondly, how lovely a menagerie you have! Flora is quite a conversationalist, isn’t she? And your dogs are beautiful.
    I hope you don’t mind having a gatecrasher? I love finding people in blogs and getting to see a whole slice of life in different places. We visited Winchester a couple of years ago and it is a beautiful part of the world.
    I’m looking forward to reading more as the months progress; see you again!

Never a gatecrasher – it’s lovely of you to get in touch and I hope you enjoy reading Flora and I musing about our little lives with the collies! The Dorothy Parker poem was in the last book my husband bought, just a couple of days before he passed away. We found it under his seat in the car and the poem which captured such a tender emotion, was read at his funeral. It’s a strange time but the animals give me such comfort and make me laugh (as do the children)!!!

• downbytheseadorset.blogspot,co,uk says:

i love the alpine garden and the waterfall! Inside it looks so bright and cheerful. Sarah x

• rusty duck says:

I found Flora! I’d love to have real ducks as well as rusty ones, maybe one day. Before we moved to the current house we rented a cottage by a lake. I’d be quietly weeding underneath a hedge and all of a sudden found I was not alone.. there would be a beak sticking through the foliage waiting for a tasty snack.

That sounds familiar! Flora has been ‘helping’ me bring the garden back into shape following the landscaping team who came in for a few days last month – to give me a head start! She’s so interested in everything I’m doing. We had a little sit down on the garden bench yesterday afternoon then she waddled off and promptly laid an egg in the flower bed – strange behaviour, indeed!!!!! Lovely to meet you.

You are currently reading A wander around my garden … at Adaliza.