Indian Summer by the Sea

02/10/2015 § 19 Comments

I’ve come away to spend some time by the sea and the collies and I have been blessed with the most amazing week of weather – high tides, sunshine, fishing boats and beach walks, wide blue skies and magical sunsets …

the highest tide of the year

church cove6

church cove10

lookout2

lookout duty

lookout3

dozing on the job

asleep

sometimes it’s all too much

falmouth4

falmouth2

sunset1

A quilt has been finished – I sat outside overlooking the harbour whilst hand-stitching the binding and then promptly took the quilt for a walk up onto the coastal path, for a late afternoon photoshoot …

quilt9

quilt8

quilt11

quilt22

quilt4

and I’m hoping to link up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday later on today.  The quilt is a commission and perfectly captures the colours of the waves, sky, sails, white horses and seagulls.

Walks along the coastal path every day have meant that precious memories have been revisited and laid peacefully to rest …

coast path

there’s no better place to be.

~ ~ ~ please leave a comment, it’s one of the best bits about blogging ~ ~ ~

Tagged: , , , , , ,

§ 19 Responses to Indian Summer by the Sea

• rusty duck says:

Perfect seaside tones in that quilt.. it’s lovely!

• Love the blues of the quilt w the ocean and sky photos. And those adorable collies! Have a great autumn.
    Kristin

Thanks for popping by. Good to hear from you – your sunflowers are amazing. I grew a few and will grow some more next year – thanks for the inspiration!

• Lovely quilt and great spot for a photo shoot. I now have a longing for the coast ….

• Snowcatcher says:

Gorgeous photos of your quilt! What a perfect setting!

• tammy says:

Lovely! take me away!

• tammy says:

…from this landlocked girl in kansas city

• Erica says:

Love it!

thank you so much for popping by – do call again!

Where I live, in Winchester, Hampshire is landlocked too but there’s nothing like a week by the sea to repair body and mind!

Thank You – it was the perfect quilt to take away with me on holiday so I could finish it – by the sea!

• Susan says:

What a beautiful photo shoot for a beautiful quilt.

Thank You – it’s a stunning part of the country down there in Cornwall. Wish I lived a bit closer to it!

• Laura from beautiful West Michigan says:

What a beautiful place to be! The fact that you had the collies with you, that you quilted, and that you had comforting walks is a good thing and makes me very happy for you. Please know, my heart and prayers are with you in the next couple months.

Thank you – my daughter’s just told me she’s got us front row tickets for La Boheme on 23rd October. It’s going to be a difficult time for us all but it’s a huge comfort to know that friends will be thinking of us. Thank you so much.

• Sarah says:

Glad you had such wonderful weather and the walks and memories brought you comfort. Your quilt is so lovely too. Sarah x

I was very tempted to take some detours to favourite places like Tavistock, on the way home. I decided to stick to the route though – it’s a very long way. Will have to jaunt down to Dorset & Devon another time. Hope you enjoyed the lovely weather last week – bit different today!

• knotrune says:

It was a lovely treat, that weather, we also managed a quick break to the seaside. I even swam in the sea!!

Wow – swimming in the sea – that is adventurous! I’d have loved to, it looked really initing and there were people swimming in the harbour but I’m not that confident in the water and Belle & Misty will only paddle, so I have to restrict myself to paddling too!

Liked by 1 person

You are currently reading Indian Summer by the Sea at Adaliza.