Snow, Snow, Quilt, Quilt

02/03/2018 § 7 Comments

SN~OW

It’s been absolutely freezing here this past week.  Siberian chill and lots of snow!  Fortunately the house is warm but workshops have been cancelled due to the weather and even though there wasn’t too much snow on Wednesday morning, we had a power cut so the studio was freezing inside and out.

feb 1

It’s been pretty though – proper Christmas card snowy scenes and I’ve loved the magic of the light, snowflakes, scrunching snow under wellies, snow-crusted collies and the activities of the garden birds who I’ve been feeding 3 times a day!

And, it’s been perfect weather for quilting – I’ve been busy …

I can’t tell you for how many years I’ve longed to be able to photograph quilts in the snow.  I pore, with envy, through photographs of my US and Canadian quilting friends’  quilts, laid out on a magical snowy blanket.  So, I’ve been quilting like a fiend this week and have waited all day for it to stop snowing, then donned hat, gloves, coat, boots and clickety clicked away – I’m so in love with quilts in the snow.

The Sunday market in Winchester is apparently still going ahead though I’ll update my website events page, if it’s cancelled.

Stay warm and toasty

Adaliza

linking up with Finish it up Friday

Tagged: ,

§ 7 Responses to Snow, Snow, Quilt, Quilt

• Sue Knight says:

Absolutely delightful Val. You are one clever lady.

Sue x

• AUNTIE SHAN says:

ah-ha. So that’s WHERE our snow went! ;->
    We’ve been having a bit of a thaw for almost a fortnight with the odd bits of rain and freezing rain, but no snow except for the odd flake. – [Although, we did get and inch tonight…] – Temps have been in the -5C to +9. My front lawn GLACIER has shrunk over 2 feet! Now we know where it all evaporated to!
    #Oops!OurWeatherBad!

BTW, a Shovelling “Tip”… Avoid any actual SCOOPING as much as possible. SHOVE it to where it has to go, and then scoop if needed. And, beware of ICICLES!

Anyhoo, mind where you walk. And stay WARM!
    😀

Ha ha – it’s been amazing but today is much warmer and I’ve been scooping a bit to help it on its way. Apparently it’ll be +7 tomorrow, which will make a change! Glad your glacier is melting.

• We had snow, but I had no finishes for snow pictures. Congrats! to you on weather and quilt projects colliding. Beautiful finishes!!

• Kristin Nicholas says:

The quilts look gorgeous! Snow does make a fantastic backdrop but I am ready for it to be over.

Ours disappeared within a couple of hours yesterday, when the temperature rose and then it rained. I was quite pleased it didn’t leave loads of slush about though the ground is wet. Today has been bright and oh so mild in comparison!

I can’t tell you how much I stitched when I heard the weather forecast, but it was worth it!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

You are currently reading Snow, Snow, Quilt, Quilt at Adaliza.