Cartref

03/11/2020 § 9 Comments

Cartref is Welsh for home – and I’ve come home!

So much has happened and I’ve dealt with the stuff life throws at me in my usual way – head down, make a list, tick stuff off, organise everything – and everyone. I can’t share everything that’s happened – that would mean I’d be writing a book, but in a nutshell my old Dad is approaching his 95th birthday and now lives in a nursing home following a fall in May 2019. It’s been a long haul. Our home in Wales, had been neglected over the years – it was a huge decision but it took me only a matter of minutes to make it – to refurbish the cottage from top to bottom!

It’s taken 15 months and so much work by a fantastic local team of craftsmen – they’ve been absolutely brilliant even though I was over 200 miles away for most of the time. Now it’s warm and cosy, brimming with memories and the chance to make new ones … !

You may have noticed that I have company – there’s a new addition to our family …

So, I feel as though Country Roads have brought me home, after a long, long time away. It’s been unsettling and I can’t explain it, but sometimes we just have to follow our instinct and see what happens!

Tagged: ,

§ 9 Responses to Cartref

• Kristin Nicholas says:

Lovely home — so nice to see.

• Anne says:

Wow! Beautiful! Love your new four legged addition too. Very best wishes for your new adventure.

• Anne Marie Bundy says:

Hi Have you moved to Wales permanently now Love from Annemarie X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

That’s a huge decision for me to make and it’s probably not the best time to make it at the moment with so much uncertainty in the world! Who knows – I’m going to ‘go with the flow’!!!

• Linda K says:

Love your home it’s looks really cosy. I hope happiness continues in your place in Wales.

• Angie says:

Great to see you engrossed in such a wonderful project so close to your heart . The place looks absolutely gorgeous: cosy and comfortable with your stylish makes all around the home . Another inspirational blog to look at and read. Best wishes from Angie of Sheffield , another welsh girl who was inspired by your website to learn to quilt from 2015 onwards .

Belated Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, Angie – from a snow covered Ceredigion!

• Natalie, the Chickenblogger says:

I’ve missed so much, and regret being absent. But here is a happy post, and lovely sights! I hope the new year has been good to you, and your lovely cottage, too.

Hi Natalie – I’m still here in Wales, in the cottage with a garden that grows 6″ every day!!! It’s so lovely to hear from you. Life is good – walks on the beach every day and so much that’s special. Hope you’re well. I’ll pop over to your blog …

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

You are currently reading Cartref at Adaliza.