Dresden Plate Patchwork one day workshop
Before the workshop –
Pop over to Adaliza’s Dresden Plate Pinterest Board so you’re inspired and ready to sew on the day.
Please let Adaliza know if you would like to use a studio sewing machine.
Tea/coffee and cake/cookies will be available.
Please note that toilet facilities are located in a separate building accessible only via steps.
On the day –
Arrival from 10.15 am so that you can set up your own sewing machine or get to know the studio machine that you will be using. Bring your own sewing notions – scissors, thimble, rotary cutter, unpicker and anything else that you like to use when sewing. A rotary cutter will be available if you don’t have one.
- Introduction – safe sewing, patchwork basics, neat seams
- Considering Colour – there will be lots of sample block in a host of colours to inspire you and you will learn about how colours work together, often in the strangest ways!
- Create this stunning patchwork design using a template and speed piecing techniques. Although it looks really difficult, it’s much easier than it looks.
- You will piece the petals and make a DP block suitable for a cushion front or bag.
- Adaliza will give you lots of individual help and advice along the way.
This course is not for complete beginners but if you feel like a bit of a challenge – to include some hand-applique, then come along and stitch up some fabulous plates.