22 January 2017 :: 10 am – 1 pm
Before the day
You will have already attended the Make a Quilt Workshop held on 8 January. During the interval between courses, you will have finished stitching your patchwork panel and added the borders. Your patchwork will be ready for quilting.
Bring your patchwork and sewing machine, unless you have pre-booked Adaliza’s Elna or Singer machine, and also bring scissors, safety pins and coloured thread for quilting.
Quilting packs that include polyester wadding and a choice of lightweight polar fleece (white, navy or brown) will be available for you to buy on the day. (Pack £15) Alternatively you may choose to bring your own wadding and your own backing fabric that you have purchased separately.
On the day ::
This course is only available for those who have attended on 8 January.
- creating a quilt sandwich, ready for quilting
- deciding on your quilt pattern/design
- quilting your quilt
- preparing to add the binding
- stitching and hand-stitching techniques for the binding edge
- add your professionally embroidered Quilt Label – a present from Adaliza!
You’ve finished your quilt!!