Make your own Patchwork Quilt :: 2 sessions :: A bespoke workshop for a max of 2
10.00 am – 1 pm or 2 pm – 5 pm – dates by arrangement to suit you
Before the workshop –
When you book the workshop – and this is over 2 sessions – let Adaliza know your favourite colours and if you’d like to make a themed quilt – flowers/boats/animals etc. You will agree the fabrics before you arrive so that a quilt kit can be prepared and ready for you to sew in Session 1.
Please let Adaliza know if you would like to use a studio sewing machine.
Tea/coffee and cake/cookies will be available.
Please note that toilet facilities are located in a separate building accessible only via steps.
Session 1 –
Arrival from 9.45 am so that you can set up your own sewing machine or get to know the studio machine that you will be using. Bring your own sewing notions – scissors, thimble, rotary cutter, unpicker and anything else that you like to use when sewing.
- Introduction – safe sewing, patchwork basics, neat seams
- You will lay out the ready cut pieces and follow Adaliza’s own pattern when stitching your patchwork
- In this first session you may finish stitching the patchwork but if not then the time between workshops will enable you to finish the patchwork top and add the border.
- Adaliza will give you lots of individual help and advice along the way.
Session 2 –
Arrival from 9.45 am. Wadding & fleece backing are included in the course fee but you may choose to bring your own.
- In this session you will put together your quilt sandwich with wadding and backing as well as your finished patchwork top
- Learn how to quilt
- Attach a binding
By the end of the session your quilt will be ready to be hand-finished at home.