Make a quilt in 2 days :: 10.30 am – 3 pm
Before the workshop –
Pop over to Adaliza’s Summer in the Park pinterest board, so you’re inspired and ready to sew on the day.
Please let Adaliza know if you would like to use a studio sewing machine.
Tea/coffee and cake/cookies will be available.
Please note that toilet facilities are located in a separate building accessible only via steps.
Day 1 – Choosing your fabrics, cutting out and stitching
Arrival from 10.15 am so that you can set up your own sewing machine or get to know the studio machine that you will be using. Bring your own sewing notions – scissors, thimble, rotary cutter, unpicker and anything else that you like to use when sewing. A rotary cutter will be available if you don’t have one.
- Introduction – safe sewing, patchwork basics, neat seams
- Considering Colour – there will be lots of samples in a host of colours to inspire you and you will learn about how colours work together.
- Speed Piecing and variations on the pattern
- All patchwork cottons used on the day are included in the fee. Wadding & backing fabrics are available to buy.
Day 2 – Piecing your blocks, borders, quilting and binding
- Your patchwork quilt top will take shape and you’ll make a quilt sandwich with wadding and backing fabric.
- Then you’ll learn how to quilt.
- Finally the border will be added. You may have a few stitches to finish at home as the border is hand-stitched but you’ll be well on your way to having a finished quilt.
- Adaliza will give you lots of individual help and advice along the way.
PS Guess what – it’s a whole lot easier than it looks!