Modern Patchwork for Beginners :: 2-4 pm for 6 weeks
starting 28 February 2017 or 27 April 2017
Before the course –
Pop over to Adaliza’s Quilt board on Pinterest, where there’s lots to explore and inspire you so you’re brimming full of ideas.
Please let Adaliza know if you would like to use a studio sewing machine.
Tea/coffee and cake/cookies will be available.
Please note that toilet facilities are located in a separate building accessible only via steps.
Workshop afternoons –
Arrival from 1.30 pm so that you can set up your own sewing machine or get to know the studio machine you will be using. Bring your own sewing notions – scissors, thimble, rotary cutter, unpicker and anything else that you like to use when sewing. A rotary cutter will be available if you don’t have one.
- Introduction – safe sewing, patchwork basics, neat seams
- Considering Colour – there will be lots of quilts and patchwork blocks on display in a host of colours to inspire you and you will learn about how colours work together, often in the strangest ways!
- Weeks 1-5 you will learn how to create different patchwork blocks, using different speed piecing techniques that may be stitched into your chosen project – a bag, quilt or cushion, during the final week.
- All patchwork cottons used in the workshops are included in the course fee.
- Wadding and backing fabrics, should you decide to make a quilt, are available to purchase.
- Free parking.