Summer in the Park Patchwork :: 10.30 am – 3 pm
Before the workshop –
Pop over to Adaliza’s Summer in the Park pinterest board, so you’re inspired and ready to sew on the day.
Please let Adaliza know if you would like to use a studio sewing machine.
Tea/coffee and cake/cookies will be available.
Please note that toilet facilities are located in a separate building accessible only via steps.
On the day –
Arrival from 10.15 am so that you can set up your own sewing machine or get to know the studio machine that you will be using. Bring your own sewing notions – scissors, thimble, rotary cutter, unpicker and anything else that you like to use when sewing. A rotary cutter will be available if you don’t have one.
- Introduction – safe sewing, patchwork basics, neat seams
- Considering Colour – there will be lots of samples in a host of colours to inspire you and you will learn about how colours work together.
- Speed Piecing and variations on the pattern
- All patchwork cottons used on the day are included in the fee.
- Create a variety of Summer in the Park patchwork combinations and make a patchwork panel suitable for a cushion front or tote bag, or keep stitching those for use in a larger project – maybe a quilt! Adaliza will give you lots of individual help and advice along the way.
PS Guess what – it’s a whole lot easier than it looks!